Music Videos Competition
The Music Videos Competition is an inseparable and highly anticipated part of CAMERIMAGE. Every year we receive hundreds of submissions from around the world, from which a special panel of cinematographers and directors working in the industry selects works that will be presented as part of the CAMERIMAGE festival’s Music Videos Competition. Qualified music videos compete for prizes in the Best Music Videos and Best Cinematography in a Music Video awards. The nominated works are judged at the Festival by the international Jury.
The Music Videos Competition features songs representing many different musical genres, from alternative rock, through R&B, hip-hop, experimental music, pop, post-rock, alternative folk, slow-jam, heavy rock & roll, and Hollywood pop / sadcore finished.
Selected videos are screened on a big screen at a special screening for the Jury and the festival audience. The announcement of the jury verdict take place during the festival’s closing ceremony.
The following materials need to be emailed to [email protected]:
– stills from the music video (.tiff or .jpg files, not less than 1920 pixels on the long edge, 300 dpi)
– cinematographer`s and director`s filmography
– cinematographer`s and director`s headshot photo (.tiff or .jpg files, not less than 1920 pixels on the long edge, 300 dpi)
– information about camera(s) used on the film (make and model), if not given in the entry form
– information about lenses used on the film (make and model), if not given in the entry form
The deadline for the delivery of the required info is 31st July 2023. We recommend however that you provide it within 7 days from submitting it online. Please make sure that in case of any links being provided, they need to remain valid till the end of September 2023.
Selection results will be announced by 2nd October 2023. If your music video is selected you will be asked to provide a QuickTime HD (1920x1080p; 24fps; h.264 or ProRes 422HQ) file via online transfer.
Please direct any other questions regarding the Music Videos Competition to Joanna Żydowicz-Barciś at [email protected]
PLEASE DO NOT RESUBMIT YOUR VIDEOS.
To be able to make a submission you need to have an CAMERIMAGE portal account registered. Just click below and follow the instructions.