Debuts Competitions ware initiated in 2010 due to the Festival’s increasing openness to the noteworthy artists and the new film phenomena they create. The idea of creating additional competitions sections was a natural consequence of our previous activities. For years we have been promoting innovative projects that combine intellectual freedom, remarkable insight into world affairs and a desire to inspire other artists of the screen.
There are two independent competitions:
– Cinematographers’ Debuts Competition
– Directors’ Debuts Competition
Debuts Competitions brings new discoveries: great movies of high artistic value and great filmmakers whose new ventures surprise not only the Jury members but all audiences around the world as well.
Competitions are under the patronage of Polish Filmmakers Association.
The following materials need to be emailed to [email protected]:
– 5 stills from the film (.tiff or .jpg files, not less than 1920 pixels on the long edge, 300 dpi)
– cinematographer`s and director`s filmography – cinematographer`s and director`s headshot photo (.tiff or .jpg files, not less than 1920 pixels on the long edge, 300 dpi)
– dialogue lists with time code in English (and in Polish if available)
– synopsis of the film in English (and in Polish if available)
– information about camera(s) used on the film (make and model), if not given in the entry form
– information about lenses used on the film (make and model), if not given in the entry form
The Submitter is obliged to provide an online screener such as a Vimeo, YouTube or other streaming platform link or as downloadable file (as per the entry form declaration). If the film is not in Polish or English language, the screener should include English or Polish subtitles.
The deadline for the delivery of a preview screener and selection materials is: 31st May 2024 (no fee) /// 30th June 2024 (late entry fee: PLN 300). We recommend however, that you provide all the required materials ideally within 7 days from submitting it online. Please make sure that in case of any links being provided, they need to remain valid till the end of September 2024.
LATE ENTRY FEE
If the screeners and additional materials are not received by the Organizer by May 31st 2024 the late entry fee applies (PLN 300). If payment is not received, the late submissions will not be accepted for the selection process. The late entry fee can be paid by credit card through the payment form available in the Payments tab in your account at https://portal.camerimage.pl/payments.
Selection results will be sent to the Submitter by 1st October 2024. If your film is selected you will be asked to provide a DCP (Digital Cinema Package) with English subtitles (if a film is not originally in the English language) and with Polish subtitles, if available.
Please direct any questions regarding the Debuts Competitions to Mateusz Józefowicz at [email protected].
PLEASE DO NOT RESUBMIT YOUR FILMS.
To be able to make a submission you need to have an CAMERIMAGE portal account registered. Just click below and follow the instructions.