Dear students and passionate filmmakers! EnergaCAMERIMAGE Film Festival offers you some special attractions:
- Student Etudes Competition. Only fiction etudes are accepted. The Competition supports the development of novice filmmakers and provides an opportunity to confront the achievements of the students from various parts of the world. Several dozen film schools submit their best etudes every year to the Competition. The author of the best cinematography is awarded with Laszlo Kovacs Student Award – Golden Tadpole. The remaining awards are the Silver and Bronze Tadpoles.
- Documentary Films Competition. Documentary etudes are accepted. The aim of the Documentary Films Competition is to recognize a documentary film as a creative interpretation of the reality. Putting an emphasis on the visual and aesthetic aspects of a work, the Competition awards the cinematographers of documentary films. The competition is divided into two categories for short and feature length films.
- No entry fee for submitting a film to our selection process.
- International Jury comprised of recognised cinematographers and other professionals of film and culture will judge qualified etudes.
- Reduced price for Student Entry Card for the Festival. Groups of over 30 students can negotiate the price.
- Director and cinematographer of a qualified film receive free Entry cards. Please, note that the other crew members will need to buy it.
- Follow our facebook profile and join quizzes and contests we are going to announce regularly.
- EnergaCAMERIMAGE is a STUDENT ACADEMY AWARD® qualifying festival which means that all films nominated in the Student Etudes Competition at EnergaCAMERIMAGE will qualify for consideration of the Student Academy Awards®, provided the filmmakers will otherwise comply with the Academy Rules, including being a full time student of an eligible film school and making the film as a part of the school work.
- Homestay programme offers accommodation for accredited students within Festival dates. Registered students will be put in touch with registered citizens of Toruń who will host them for free. Please, note that there is a limited number of flats and we can’t guarantee accommodation for everyone. More information and an on-line entry form will be published at a later date.
- Film workshops led by recognised professionals, seminars and meetings with interesting filmmakers – it is all free for Entry Card holders. Each year the range and number of such meetings is really impressive. We hosted: lighting workshops, film stock seminars, cinematography, directing, editing, acting and production design workshops and seminars, technology workshops, advertising poster workshop, law panel and many Q&As. This year’s Festival will be at least equally eventful. It is a kind of “beyond the boundaries international film school” and all these actions are attended in crowds.
- Talent Demo. Students will be able to request a meeting with a particular filmmaker or film expert from a list that we will announce. Experienced cinematographers, producers, distributors etc. will meet individuals face-to-face and advise regarding their projects or future career. They will watch some student film excerpts and try to plan the next steps for the young filmmakers to follow. Soon we will be accepting your submissions. Rules of Talent Demo will be also available then.
A party in the ‘JET LAG’ – the festival club